VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

4 July 2012

My Tiger My Timing - 6 Music's Album of the Day

My Tiger My Timing

My Tiger My Timing - 6 Music's Album of the Day

On the week of its release 6 Music are honouring what is being hailed by many critics as the soundtrack to summer (when the sun is out that is) and making My Tiger My Timing's debut album 'Celeste' 'Album of the Day', with a whole host of Twitterers sharing their love of the record - with one Tim Burgess tweeting that it "sounded great". 

'Celeste' is an album that can be - without hyperbole - described as anticipated, with a hotly on the front. After self releasing singles D.I.Y style through their label Snakes and Ladders, My Tiger My Timing had knocked up  - pre-album - press pieces in The Observer (One to Watch), NME, Clash, Dazed and Confused, plays on Radio 1, slots at Glastonbury, tours with contemporaries such as Metronomy as well as European headline tours -  and a whole lot more. 

The album - for those not tuning into 6 Music today - is an electro-pop gem where every track could be lifted as a lead single, it's the sound of summer, but one with the perfect balance, for its new-wave darker undercurrent keeps it just the right side of sweetly-poppy with its reggae influenced base-lines and front-woman Anna Vincent's sugary vocals telling tales of things less savoury.

For those that missed it, Clash streamed the full album last week, ahead of its release. Stream it here now: via the band's Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/mytigermytiming/sets/mastered-album/s-NHzli
Some praise for 'Celeste' and My Tiger My Timing: 

“A debut that might well become people’s perfect July soundtrack”  - BBC Music
“(An) accomplished, and thoroughly engaging debut album” - Shout 4 Music
“The album oozes warmth throughout, melding shimmering guitars and lush keyboard tones with the vocal equivalent of a light summer breeze.”  -Artrocker 
"Celeste sounds like a greatest hits album" - 405
"('Celeste') speaks of  it speaks of making memories and living in the moment" - The Line of Best Fit
The sun is shining, and this couldn’t be a better soundtrack” - This Is Fake D.I.Y
“Deliciously upbeat and groove-laden post-punk" The Guardian
“Alternative pop with a dark heart that’s bursting with desire” Clash
“Tribal electro like a south London Gang Gang Dance” NME
“On the verge of blowing up in both the UK and abroad” CMJ
“Tinkering with the trappings of 21st century post-punk” Drowned In Sound
"Sounding great, they never fail to deliver” - John Kennedy XFM
“Classic. Perfect. Pop” Artrocker

Catch My Tiger My Timing at the following UK headlining London shows and festival: 
Wed 18th July - Hoxton Bar and Kitchen, London
Sat 28th July - Farm Festival, Somerset
Sun 26th Aug - Bussey Warehouse, London



(6 Music homepage: http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/)  

Article posted by

No comments:

Post a Comment