VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

14 April 2013

Jay Leighton's single, ‘Wish I Was Springsteen’, set for release on April 29th

Jay Leightons

Jay Leighton's single, ‘Wish I Was Springsteen’, set for release on April 29th


Following two European sold out support tours with Lamb, comes this melody-laden single from British singer songwriter Jay Leighton. Produced by Greg Haver (Manic Street Preachers) and featuring the shimmering string arrangements of Andy Walters, Wish I Was Springsteen is the lead single from forthcoming album Hours.

Nebraska counts among Leighton’s favourite albums, so much so that the cover artwork is in
homage to the Springsteen classic. Says Jay,‘I have always found Springsteen to be a brilliant
storyteller. Nebraska as an album and as a track are superb examples of this but the thing I love the most about the album is that it has captured the very desolation of Nebraska. When we drove across it I felt that desolation, almost tinged with sadness but at the same time extremely inspiring. I can't think of another record that has ever managed to capture the feeling for a place as much as Nebraska has by Springsteen. I love it!


Live solo dates:

March 24 - Boiler Room, Guildford
April 7 – The Woodman, Highgate, London
April 9 - The Redhouse, Sheffield
April 10 - The Nursery Tavern, Coventry
April 17 - Guitar Bar Nottingham
May 6 - Gaslight Oporto, Leeds
May 10 – The Living Room CB2, Cambridge
May 25 - Boiler Room, Guildford

No comments:

Post a Comment