VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

3 December 2014

Meredith Reveals Video For Latest Single Jumpin Beds

Meredith Video For Single Jumpin Beds

Meredith Reveals Video For Latest Single Jumpin Beds

Always unpredictable yet consistent in her approach, Brisbane singer/songwriter Meredith is one of the alternative pop world's most enthralling new muses. Effortlessly fusing lo-fi indie pop production and folk influenced lyricism, her recent single 'Jumpin Beds' proved to be a flawless introduction to the mysterious new artist, and its accompanying music video is now here to give a further glimpse into Meredith's world.

"'Jumpin Beds' was directed by filmmaker Danny McShane and edited by Pip Sugden. It was filmed around Brisbane in mainly industrial/urban spaces in the valley and city to create a really sterile, dull and lonely quality to my life at the time. The inspiration from the clip came from the story in the lyrics, depicting a transitioning stage in my life where I was constantly packing up a bag and heading to different homes. I didn't have my own house and nowhere really felt like home - it seemed like I was living in a constant state of change. For filming, we hired an amazing old warehouse space in Brisbane CBD and filled it with a bunch of mine (and my friend's) belongings to make it look like a place I'd been crashing in. It was a lot of fun to film, record and write and it's cool to have a little memory of my life at the time - in film form."


No comments:

Post a Comment