VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

24 March 2010

Noel Gallagher: 'I'll never recover from Toronto Oasis gig assault'




Noel Gallagher has delivered a witness statement to a Toronto court saying that he has been told he will "never really recover" from the injuries he received in the city in September 2008.

The guitarist was attacked by crowd member Daniel Sullivan at the V Festival in the Canadian city while performing with Oasis there. He suffered three cracked ribs.

Now according to The Sun, Gallagher's witness statement has been read out in court in the country's capital after Sullivan plead guilty to the charge of assault.

"I would describe the impact and shock as feeling as if I had been hit by a bus," Gallagher's statement read. "I ended up in a heap. I have been told that I will never really recover from the damage, and still feel painful twinges."

The statement continued, "The emotional impact it had was essentially coping with the pressure to perform so as not to let the band down. For a considerable period I was operating at 50 per cent of my capabilities."

Oasis had to cancel a series of gigs because of the injuries. Sullivan is set to be sentenced next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment