VIDEO OF THE DAY - OWL CITY - VERGE FT. ALOE BLACC

2 June 2010

Sound of Guns - Night and Day Cafe - Hungry Pigeon Festival 2010

After a 45 minute wait (which we later found out was due to the previous band pulling out at the last minute and not some sort of rock and roll star strop) for Liverpool’s Sound of Guns I was almost ready to pack my notepad away and head off somewhere else but I am very glad I waited. From the get go, Sound Of Guns exuded energy and intensity through every guitar riff, drum beat and bass line. And as soon as singer, Andy Metcalfe, steps up to the microphone the whole ensemble comes together. With his haunting and powerful vocal talents I have to admit this is one of the best voices I have heard in a long while. The foursome exuded a powerful stage presence and you would be mistaken thinking they had been playing to a stadium sized audience instead of the 100 or so people that had filled the venue. And this is a band that, if anyone has any sense, will be playing stadium events in the very near future.

Review
by Alison Goggin

No comments:

Post a Comment